- 29 Ginsberg Lane, Hudson, NY 12534
- 518-828-4004 or 800-999-6006
The Staff Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the company. The position
provides support for the daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions, while also providing
support to the overall operations of the Finance Department.
1. Posts daily and monthly entries to the general ledger.
2. Performs monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
3. Performs monthly bank reconciliations.
4. Provides support for the monthly income estimate.
5. Provide support and assistance in preparation of the monthly financial statements.
6. Provide support and assistance in preparation of the Company budget.
7. Supports periodic and year-end financial audits and the annual bank collateral audit.
8. Completes daily accounts receivable reconciliation proof.
9. Monitors certificates of insurance for company suppliers.
10. Performs proper archiving of financial documents on company fileserver and on the
document retrieval system.
1. Working knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP).
2. Proficient in the use of computers, specifically with Microsoft Office applications.
3. Strong knowledge of, and ability to use, Excel.
4. Ability to use ERP reporting systems.
5. Strong attention to detail.
6. Ability to analyze data sets, identify discrepancies, and make corrections as necessary.
7. Ability to perform work within timeframes, with attention to detail and a high level of
8. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
9. Strong English language aptitude, including the ability to communicate effectively
verbally and in writing.
10. Strong communication skills, including the ability to understand the needs and
responsibilities of others, and factor such into the timely communication of work issues
to others that have a need to know.
11. Ability to work independently and as part of a team effort.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
13. Self-starter. Organized.
14. Honest and Trustworthy.
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
AND at least five (5) years of experience working in an accounting environment.
Applications for the Finance Accountant job opportunity must be received by Ginsberg’s Foods
no later than the close of business on Friday, May 11, 2018.