Ginsberg’s Foods is committed to delivering quality goods and services, however we
know there are times when product does need to be returned. As always, we will
continue to credit any product that is returned at the time of delivery. After a delivery is
made any requests for pick-up or credit of product must fall within our predetermined
guidelines in order to receive credit.
IMPORTANT REASONS FOR OUR RETURNS AND CREDIT POLICY:
- To insure product quality and reduce loss for our customers
- Insure that all product is handled according to HACCP regulations
- Reduce the risk of redistribution of defective product
- Decrease the processing time for credits
WHEN YOUR ORDER ARRIVES
- Verify the product being delivered is accurate and of good quality.
- You can choose to return product on delivery for credit. All “Special” or
“Proprietary” order items that are returned are subject to a 25% restocking
charge unless the product was damaged or is found to be of poor quality on
- If an item is short on delivery the driver will note it at the bottom of your invoice
and deduct the amount if you are paying on delivery. If payment is not being
made at the time of delivery the item will be credited to your account once it
returns to our warehouse.
Once you have checked your order please sign the invoice. Your signature is
verification that you are satisfied with your order and that all proper notations have been
Requests for credit due to a shortage must be made at the time of delivery. Credits will
not be issued for any product after your invoice has been signed.
REQUEST FOR CREDITS/PICK-UPS AFTER A DELIVERY
- All request for pick-ups can be made to your Sales Representative, or Customer
- Product can be returned after delivery only if it meets the following food safety
guidelines which are put in place to insure the integrity of our products.
Fresh Meat, Fresh Fish, Produce, and Ice Cream…………notify within 24 hours of
Refrigerated and Frozen………………………………………within 7 days of delivery
Dry Grocery, Paper, Equipment & Supplies…………………within 14 days of delivery
- Product being returned must be in its original, full case package, free of damage
PERISHABLES (fresh meat, seafood, poultry, dairy, produce)
- Product must be in the original packaging (see above) and stored at the proper
temperatures (see list above).
Drivers are not able to pick-up any perishables that do not meet the above food safety
requirements. Perishable items that are returned are subject to inspection by the Quality
Control department before any credit can be processed.
REQUESTS FOR CREDIT WITHOUT PRODUCT PICK-UP
- Request need to be communicated within 24 hours of delivery to either a Sales
Representative or Customer Service Representative.
- The Sales Rep or Customer must take and send a clear picture of the entire case
of bad/damaged product in order to receive full credit.
- The Sales Rep or Customer must also take and send a clear picture of the
Ginsberg’s pick label or any other manufacturer’s label that might apply.
- If product is being returned that is clearly defective due to the manufacturing of
the product, inform your Sales Representative or Customer Service
Representative and they will arrange for pick-up on your next delivery.
- A Quality Assurance Form must be completed by the Customer Service or Sales
Representative that received the complaint, a completed copy of the form will be
sent to the Buyer and Director of Purchasing.