Chemical Sales and Service Representative Job Description
Do you enjoy work that’s hands-on and allows for travel? Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge of chemical products and equipment with others to train and motivate them to meet selling quotas and customer needs? If so, then the Chemical Sales and Service Representative at foodservice distributor, Ginsberg’s Foods may be the right fit for you!
While on the job as a Chemical Sales and Service Representative, you will be responsible for the development of sales leads and promotions, collaborating with other departments to promote the chemical program, and reviewing sales reports to determine the best course of action to meet customer needs.
You will also be required to install equipment, provide in-service training on installed equipment for new and established customer accounts, and perform preventative maintenance measures on equipment when required.
To perform certain on-the-job tasks, you must be able to lift and maneuver up to 40lbs while working with chemical products and equipment.
“Ginsberg’s Purchasing Team is made up of a crew of hard working, food loving, creative individuals that all back up and support one another on a daily basis.” – Ginsberg’s Foods Non-Perishable Category Manager
Weekly Work Schedule
- Typical Schedule: Monday – Friday. 8am – 5pm
- *The applicant must be flexible with their work hours to help cover customer service needs. This includes flexibility to assist on weekends when business and/or service needs arise.
Chemical Sales & Service Representative
- This is a salaried position with bonus potential and a monthly expense allowance.
Essential Job Requirements
- Responsible for growing the Chemical Sales program at Ginsberg’s, working daily to ensure all customer’s needs are met.
- Responsible for the development of sales leads and sales promotions provided by Category Manager and District Sales Managers.
- Performs daily cold calling and sales lead follow-up.
- Surveys kitchens for equipment and chemical requirements and converts into customer proposals.
- Installs equipment and/or performs preventative maintenance measures on installed equipment.
- Provides in-service training for new and established accounts.
- Trains and motivates the Ginsberg’s sales team to encourage their selling and growing of the company’s chemical business.
- Partners with third-party chemical service company technicians to set priorities and schedules for preventative maintenance and service appointments.
- Partners with third-party chemical service company sales teams for service issues, technical assistance, marketing, competitive issues, equipment and product support.
Great benefits are waiting for you
- 401(k) savings plans
- Healthcare insurance (health, dental, vision)
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Company-provided life insurance
- Access to on-site Athletic Trainers
- Access to home-care services
- Employee discounts in our Will Call Center
We are Ginsberg’s
As a family-owned and operated company since 1909, we foster a welcoming workplace culture, embracing engagement and development, and attracting, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce. We adhere to our core values of Respect, Integrity, and Service.
Applying is quick and easy!
If the Chemical Sales and Service Representative position seems like the right fit for you, simply answer a few short questions and, if you meet the requirements stated above, our Recruiter will give you a call! Please check out all the current job openings we have at Ginsberg’s Foods here.