Computer Programmer & EDI Integration Specialist Job
Ginsberg’s Foods in Hudson, NY is hiring a full-time Computer Programmer / EDI Integration Specialist.
Are you passionate about proactive problem-solving and troubleshooting at work to enhance systems and boost performance? Do you have experience in coding and EDI? The job of Computer Programmer/EDI Integration Specialist could be a great fit for you!
A few key responsibilities of this position are overseeing Electronic Document Interchange (EDI) activity including transactions through the EDI system, monitoring and analyzing EDI activities, and ultimately implementing EDI systems. This role will use programming skills to make improvements and adaptations to the EDI system to ensure optimal performance and contribute to the development and maintenance of our data warehouse application.
Programmer EDI Specialist Work Schedule
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Ability to work a hybrid or remote schedule would depend on the candidate’s level of experience.
Computer Programmer Job Salary
- The Programmer/EDI Integration Specialist earns between $70,000 and $77,500 per year, depending on experience.
Essential Job Requirements
- Coordinate with business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability and reliability of EDI systems to meet business demands.
- Implement new customer or vendor relationships using EDI.
- Execute system configuration, mapping, and management of EDI-based transactions and processes.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and correct EDI transaction types including pricing, purchase orders, ship notices, invoices, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with our third-party EDI vendors and consultants.
- Monitor and follow up on EDI project status.
- Stay up to date in new technologies, techniques, and tools in the EDI space to continue to enhance systems.
- Perform typical business analyst duties including requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing and implementation to meet business needs.
- Develop, and maintain project and system documentation per standard.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the Hub, our internal data warehouse application.
- Provides backup coverage for our programming staff and other IT staff when required.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve a variety of software issues.
- Assist with various IT project scoping and management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience implementing, configuring, and maintaining EDI systems.
- Familiarity with data translation.
- Experience working with various EDI formats and data transmission techniques (FTP).
- Software programming (PHP preferred) and MVC frameworks (Laravel preferred).
- Ability to learn and effectively use company-specific computer systems.
- Strong communication skills are necessary. This includes the ability to understand the needs and responsibilities of others. Also timely communication of work issues to others that have a need to know.
- Ability to cooperate and communicate effectively with others to understand and meet their operational needs.
- Ability to perform work within timeframes, with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Education/Experience (Preferred Minimum Qualifications)
- Minimally, the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university OR at least two (2) yearsof experience with EDI or programming OR some combination of relevant education and experience.
Ginsberg’s Foods Is Family Owned And Operated Since 1909
Ginsberg’s Foods fosters a welcoming workplace culture, embracing engagement and development, and attracting, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce. We are a local food distributor, located in the capital region of New York, providing restaurant supplies and more to schools, healthcare, and restaurants. We adhere to our core values; Respect for all people, excellent customer service, building strong relationships, and a dedicated commitment to community. Check out some of the employee programs we offer including the great benefits below:
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) savings plans with company match
- Healthcare insurance (health, dental, vision)
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Employee assistance programs
- Company-provided life insurance
- Access to on-site Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Employee discounts in our Will Call Center
Apply For The Computer Programmer EDI Specialist Job
If you think the Programmer/EDI Integration Specialist job is right for you, just answer a few questions. If you meet the requirements, our Recruiter will call you! To learn about all our current job openings. please click here.