Transportation Support Representative
The Transportation Support Representative is the main touch point for many individuals in and out of Ginsberg’s, and therefore is a crucial role to the team’s success. This position is a key resource that influences sustaining a culture built on respect, communication, and service. On the job, you will help to keep operations running smoothly, all while being supported from leadership and your team!
This position requires you to always be alert and ready to respond to Driver’s inquiries when needed, resolve problems as they arise, and pay close attention to detail when it comes to coordinating pick-ups and requests, while also effectively managing competing priorities.
The Transportation Support Representative is also responsible for keeping in constant contact with business partners via phone, email and internet, provide communication to outside business partners as it relates to driver status, delivery issues and any changes made, as well as routinely working with Operations, Purchasing and Sales departments to ensure company and Transportation needs are met.
Weekly Work Schedule
- Monday – Friday Typical schedule is 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. Overtime will be required to include weekends.
*The applicant must be flexible with their work hours to help cover customer service needs. This includes flexibility to assist on weekends when the business and/or service warrants the occurrence.
Transportation Support Representative Essential Job Requirements
- Fields calls and disseminates information to the appropriate business partners to ensure proper service levels are met.
- Develop strong working knowledge of Omnitracs, Ginsberg’s systems (Hub), Retalix and Fuel system.
- Works closely with our Sales team on customer safety write up processes, focusing on rectifying potential safety risks at customer locations.
- Research and tracks issues identified by sales reps through customer complaints to ensure proper follow up with drivers.
- Assist with ensuring drivers are properly executing COD pick-ups.
- Works with Inside Sales on manifest instructions and ensures drivers execute special instructions when changes to delivery windows and special instructions occur.
- Partners with Inside Sales on executing requests for pick-up of incorrect or bad product, either from customers or Sales Representatives.
- Assists with organizing and executing special requests from Sales Representatives.
- Preforms various tasks that may arise such as communicating with drivers, equipment leasing companies for equipment issues, follow up with drivers in satellite locations and helping to tack his information as appropriate.
- Preforms random audits to include trailer returns, customer delivery follow-up, inquires on the quality of service after customer deliveries, load quality follow-up, etc.
- Follows all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety, food safety/HACCP and sanitation.
- When necessary, assists with the driver check in process, including receipt of DVIR, cash and keys and communicating information to drivers.
- Primary back up for cubing, will work directly with Transportation Cubing Coordinator to learn the cubing responsibility and assist this process in the absence of the primary cubing coordinator.