• 23lb. Copper Creek Chuck trimmed and butchered into 4″ cubes
• 3 #10 cans of Angela Mia Crushed tomatoes
• 1 bottle of Red wine
• 1/4 cup Kosher salt
• 4 tbsp Coarse black pepper
• 4 sprigs of Fresh thyme
• 3 Yellow onions chopped
• 3 large Carrots minced
• 1.5 cups Olive oil
• 15 lbs Cortona medium pasta shells, or pasta of your choosing
1. Begin by preparing the piece of chuck meat and cutting it into cubes. Once cut, season the cubes with salt and pepper.
2. Chop the onions and dice the carrots, and set aside.
3. Place a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat with enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pot evenly.
4. In small batches sear the cubes making sure to cook the beef on all sides, then remove from the pot and set aside.
5. In the same Dutch oven or stock pot, sauté the chopped onions, and diced carrots in leftover olive oil.
6. Add the fresh thyme to the onions and carrots, then deglaze the pot with the entire bottle of red wine.
7. Follow up by adding the seared Chuck meat back to Dutch Oven or stock pot.
8. Add the cans of crushed tomatoes, then cover the pot tightly and reduce the heat to a simmer.
9. Cook for approximately 7 hours or until the beef cubes are falling apart. Season to taste.
10. Serve over pasta, and garnish with Parmesan cheese.