Doubles Class A CDL Driver Job Description
Are you looking for a Class A CDL driving job with flexibility that doesn’t follow a typical day-time schedule? Do you enjoy being hands-on with your work and being a vital supporting asset to a team? If so, then the Doubles CDL A Truck Driver position at food distributor and restaurant supplier Ginsberg’s could be the right fit for you!
As a Doubles Driver, you’ll be simultaneously transporting two fully loaded trailers from Ginsberg’s to one of our remote depots, where the trailers are then dropped for the Delivery Drivers to deliver to our customers. The Doubles Driver will then return the two empty trailers from the previous day’s deliveries from the depot to Ginsberg’s Foods.
“Ginsberg’s is truly an excellent place to be! It’s a breath of fresh air” – Ginsberg’s Foods CDL A Driver
In addition to a highly competitive compensation package, Ginsberg’s Foods also offers Drivers brand new 2023 equipment and technology. Our commercial Drivers enjoy state of the art tractors and trailers, while benefiting from user-friendly onboard computer technology for Pre and Post trips, DOT logs and navigation.
Doubles CDL A Driver Weekly Work Schedule
- Monday – Friday: start and end times are flexible and vary day to day.
- Start time: 6pm – 8pm | End time: 3am – 5am
Doubles CDL A Driver Pay
- This is a salaried truck driver job that includes detention pay.
Doubles Driver Experience
- To be a Doubles Driver, you must have at least 1 year of CDL Class A truck driving experience and be able to comfortably lift and maneuver cases that range from 1lb – 80lbs throughout a shift.
Class A Doubles Driver Education
CDL A Doubles Driver Skills
- Understand DOT Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Ability to complete tasks at a fast-pace
- Strong English language aptitude
Essential Job Requirements:
- On occasion, in the absence of a Delivery Driver, the Doubles CDL A Driver will deliver the product to customers on the absent Delivery Driver’s run.
- Organizes the paperwork and obtains the necessary customer keys that the Delivery Drivers will need for their runs from the domicile location.
- In accordance with Ginsberg’s Foods policy and procedures, conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the tractor, the two assigned trailers, and the dolly.
- Checks and loads fresh seafood for the day’s run.
- Drives in a safe and courteous manner, obeying all DOT requirements and traffic laws and regulations.
- Advises the Routing Office when the loaded trailers have been delivered to the domicile location.
- When necessary, performs the work of a Delivery Driver by delivering product to customers on an absent Delivery Driver’s run and complies with all laws, rules, regulations and policies that pertain to that function.
- When necessary, will perform the work of a Short Haul CDL Class A Driver, backhauling product from suppliers to the Ginsberg’s facility and complies with all laws, rules, regulations and policies that pertain to that function.
- When not driving, may be required to perform a variety of general maintenance tasks in and around the facility.
- Unloads totes, pallets, and returned and damaged products from truck onto dock as necessary.
- Fuel tractor and trailers, and checks all fluids, on a daily basis.
- Logs into Omnitracs on a daily basis for tracking of route.
- Performs other driving duties or other related work as required or directed.
Great Ginsbergs benefits are waiting for you
- 401(k) with company match and Roth 401(k) savings plans
- Healthcare insurance (health, dental, vision)
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Paid on-the-job training
- Access to in-house Athletic Trainers
- New equipment
- Quarterly incentives
- Boot allowance 2x a year
- Company provided uniforms
- Employee assistance programs
- Company-provided life insurance
- Access to home-care services
- Employee discounts in our Will Call Center
Apply for a Full-Time Local CDL Truck Driver Job!
Currently there are no positions opening for a doubles driver. Check out all the current driver job openings at Ginsberg’s Foods.