Logistics Coordinator Job Description
The Logisitics Coordinator is crucial to our foodservice distributor team’s success and is a hands-on position in many ways.
This position assists in influencing a team culture built on respect, communication, and service, and is supported by leadership who wants to see you succeed! On the job, you will help to keep operations running smoothly by coordinating requests and negotiating freight quotes, organizing pick-ups with suppliers and vendors, scheduling shipments, tracking orders, and maintaining as a liaison with various departments within Ginsberg’s Foods.
The Logistics Coordinator job is responsible for supervising a team of our Short Haul Drivers and coordinating their pick-up routes, as well as communicating daily load assignments and schedule changes, and will participate in the interviewing process for recruiting Short Haul Drivers.
This position also schedules inbound freight to arrive within receiving hours, resolves any invoicing issues with brokers/carriers, conducts corrective action regarding Driver infractions of rules, policies and procedures, and requires quick reaction time to unanticipated events and complaints while also actively communicating any issues with necessary departments.
Logistic Coordinator Weekly Schedule
- Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
HOWEVER – being a salaried position, schedules need to be flexible! Drivers may have issues or concerns that will still need to be addressed and taken care of after hours.
Logistic Coordinator Salary Range
$55k – $65k based on years of experience.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Coordinates and directs departmental activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies.
- Identifies and immediately corrects unsafe conditions or actions by employees.
- Designs and coordinates company freight lanes and assigns the appropriate transportation platform (delivery fleet, short haul fleet or managed carrier).
- Prospects new business to fill the developed freight lanes. Meeting in-person with prospective carriers will be required and is necessary.
- Monitors freight lane performance and reports performance regularly to the Operations Leadership.
- Works with Purchasing and Operations to schedule inbound freight in a manner that serves the best interest of the company.
- Works with the Transportation Department to arrange for and monitor backhauled freight.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion for Peachtree invoicing for all managed loads.
Logistics Coordinator Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong English language aptitude, including the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Persuasive writing abilities and the ability to negotiate contracts.
- Working knowledge of the US DOT hours of service rules.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products to develop and maintain spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate patterns, and develop business strategies to maximize company profitability.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to realign priorities quickly when dealing with unanticipated events.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
Great Benefits Are Waiting For You
We love the essential service we provide to our customers, which include restaurants, healthcare facilities and schools. Our team works hard buying, selling, picking and delivering groceries & non-food items to our customers. We want to build strong relationships with our customers, suppliers, associates and teammates based on trust, integrity and accountability. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service and go the extra mile for our customers and remain flexible and reliable to meet their needs. Check out some of the benefits and current job openings for our team.
- 401(k) savings plans
- Healthcare insurance (health, dental, vision)
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Employee assistance programs
- Company-provided life insurance
- Boot allowance 2x a year
- Access to on-site Athletic Trainers
- Access to home-care services
- Employee discounts in our Will Call Center
Applying is quick and easy!
We currently do not have a Logistics Coordinator job opening. Please check out the current positions we have openings for here.