Maintenance Supervisor Job Description
The Maintenance Supervisor at foodervice distributor, Ginsberg’s Foods, is a working supervisor who is also responsible for coordinating, supervising, and delegating the maintenance workload for Facility Attendants and Maintenance Mechanics. The Maintenance Supervisor maintains an active presence on the floor throughout the shift to provide direct support to their team and to ensure maintenance needs are met efficiently and accurately.
This position will be an active participant in the company’s safety committee and work with the company’s risk coordinator to promptly address and resolve identified safety concerns within the facility. Aside from safety, the Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining refrigeration, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, while also engaging and developing their employees through coaching, counseling, disciplinary action, mentoring, providing recognition and giving performance reviews.
Maintenance Supervisor Work Schedule
- Sunday – Thursdays, hours will vary
Maintenance Supervisor Job Salary
- The Maintenance Supervisor is a salaried position that ranges from $65k to $75k per year based on level of experience.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Leads the Facility Attendants and Maintenance Mechanic by directing and coordinating their activities consistent with established company goals, objectives and policies.
- Establishes and attains Preventative Maintenance (PM) productivity standards through actively managing the employee performance levels and allocating resources to meet business demands within all maintenance functions.
- Coordinates activities and executes regular on-floor audits to maintain compliance with all appropriate food safety, HACCP, safety procedures and OSHA requirements.
- Maintains warehouse inspection readiness in anticipation of audits from all applicable local, state and federal organizations.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs problematic issues concerning all equipment and machinery.
- Oversees the safe operation, daily monitoring and maintenance of all types of refrigeration systems (i.e. R-22, R-134A and R-404A).
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, gauging devices, and test equipment to complete necessary installations and repairs.
- Participates in evaluating, implementing, and documenting both business practices and management methods for workflow optimization.
- Performs maintenance tasks while maintaining full compliance with food safety and operational safety procedures.
- Coordinates service and maintenance with contractors and vendors as needed.
- Performs masonry repair, such as patching and finishing cement work.
- Monitors equipment needs and maintenance supply inventory levels and coordinates the purchasing of necessary items with Warehouse Management.
- Documents and reviews reporting results on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Handles and disposes of universal hazardous wastes (fluorescent light bulbs, lead batteries, etc.) in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Completes and maintains required documentation, such as logs and inspection records.
- Follows directions set forth by Warehouse Manager.
- Coordinates coverage for scheduled time off with warehouse supervisors, shift leaders and warehouse trainers.
- Works and communicates effectively with all operational departments.
Other Maintenance Supervisor Job Responsibilities
- Ensures the proper use, care, and storage of tools and equipment.
- Establishes and executes environmentally sustainable best practices for proper handling of hazardous materials, pallets, recycling, and other waste products.
- Promotes the health/wellness, safety, cleanliness, and security of the workplace.
- Motivates, organizes, and encourages teamwork to ensure set productivity and accuracy targets are met.
- Performs other functions as required or directed.
Great benefits are waiting at Ginsberg’s Foods
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) savings plans
- Healthcare insurance (health, dental, vision)
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Employee assistance programs
- Company-provided life insurance
- Access to on-site Athletic Trainers
- Annual boot allowance
- Access to home-care services
- Employee discounts in our Will Call Center
We are Ginsberg’s
As a 4th generation family-owned and operated food service distributor since 1909, we foster a welcoming workplace culture, embracing engagement and development, and attracting, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce. We adhere to our core values; Respect for all people, excellent customer service, building strong relationships, and a dedicated commitment to the community.
If you share these values, begin your career with Ginsberg’s Foods today!
Applying is quick and easy!
If the Maintenance Supervisor at Ginsberg’s seems like the right fit for you, simply answer a few short questions and, if you meet the requirements stated above, our Recruiter will give you a call!