Non CDL Driving Job – Delivery Driver Description
Start or advance your driving career with a non cdl driving job at a company that fosters a supportive team culture like no other. We promote a healthy work-life balance with weekends off! Do you aspire to grow and get your CDL A License? If so, then Ginsberg’s could be the place for you!
“Ginsberg’s is truly an excellent place to be! It’s a breath of fresh air” – Ginsberg’s Foods Driver
The Non-CDL/Box Truck Delivery Driver position is responsible for supporting Ginsberg’s Foods sales efforts by delivering products to customers in a safe, accurate and timely fashion. To complete deliveries, Drivers navigate their routes using a GPS system and unload products from the truck by hand, using a handcart and ramp to move the product to the appropriate temperature zones in the customer location.
The non-CDL driving job frequently interacts with customers, so a professional demeanor and appropriate attention to customer needs are essential for this position. This position may also be responsible for pick-up and delivery of backhaul loads to the warehouse at Ginsberg’s Foods.
In this position, you can grow your career towards receiving your CDL A License through our Driver Training Program. Through this program, you will receive 1 on 1, paid, on-the-job training with our experienced trainers to make sure you’re prepared to take the road test. We are proud to say we have achieved a 100% success rate to date with trainees obtaining their A license through our training program!
Our Transportation Leadership team leads by a service, respect and open communication philosophy that’s instilled in their culture. If you like being part of a team that always has each other’s backs, enjoy engaging with leadership that cares about their employees with safety as a top priority, and like to be challenged by hard work but have fun while doing it as a team, then you’ll like working for us!
Weekly Work Schedule
- Monday – Friday start and end times vary day to day
- Start time 4am – 6am, end time 2pm – 6pm depending on route, case load, and number of stops.
Non CDL Driving Jobs Salary
- Pay for this position starts at $20/hr
- Additional pay increases are available based on annual performance-based reviews and time spent with the company! Rapid pay progressions are available once transitioned to the CDL A Training Program.
- Overtime is accounted for if hours surpass 40 hours in the work week and is paid out weekly!
Non CDL Delivery Driver Job Experience
We will teach you while providing a safe learning environment. Reap the benefits of a paid workout while safely providing our loyal customers with their orders and forming long-lasting relationships with your team and management. While on the job, you will learn and become familiar with the back of a box truck, the products we carry, different ways to safely deliver products using a hand cart and ramp, and get to know our customers, as well as our awesome team!
Non CDL Driver Requirements
- Physically unloads heavy product (cases weighing up to 80lbs) from the truck at customer locations using a hand truck and ramps.
- Navigates various surfaces, inclines, steps, and stairs, while delivering product to the appropriate location (dry, cooler, frozen) at the customer’s place of business.
- Interacts in a professional manner with customers, attempting to resolve concerns as they arise.
- Receives cash from customers when necessary and handles cash in accordance with company policy.
- Organizes the assigned paperwork for the day’s deliveries and maintains accurate reports and daily logs.
- In accordance with Ginsberg’s Foods policy and procedures, conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the tractor and trailer.
- Complies with all Ginsberg’s Foods delivery policies and procedures in order to ensure the accuracy of the delivered product and to avoid personal injury and/or damage to the product.
Great Ginsberg’s Foods Benefits Are Waiting For You
As a family-owned and operated foodservice distributor since 1909, we foster a welcoming workplace culture, embracing engagement, developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We adhere to our core values; respect for all people, excellent customer service, building strong relationships, and a dedicated commitment to the community.
We love the essential service we provide to our customers, which include restaurants, healthcare facilities and schools. Our team works hard buying, selling, picking and delivering groceries & non-food items to our customers. We want to build strong relationships with our customers, suppliers, associates and teammates based on trust, integrity and accountability. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service and go the extra mile for our customers and remain flexible and reliable to meet their needs. Check out some of the benefits and current job openings for our team.
- 401(k) savings plans
- Healthcare insurance (health, dental, vision)
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Employee assistance programs
- Company-provided life insurance
- Boot allowance 2x a year
- Access to on-site Athletic Trainers
- Access to home-care services
- Employee discounts in our Will Call Center
Applying is quick and easy!
If the Non CDL Delivery Truck Driver seems like the right fit for you, simply answer a few short questions. If you meet the requirements stated above, our Recruiter will give you a call! Please check our careers page for all our current job openings here.