Non CDL Driving Job – Delivery Driver Description
Start or advance your driving career with a non cdl driving job at a company that fosters a supportive team culture like no other. We promote a healthy work-life balance with weekends off! Do you aspire to grow and get your CDL A License? If so, then Ginsberg’s could be the place for you!
“Ginsberg’s is truly an excellent place to be! It’s a breath of fresh air” – Ginsberg’s Foods Driver
The Non-CDL/Box Truck Delivery Driver position is responsible for supporting Ginsberg’s Foods sales efforts by delivering products to customers in a safe, accurate and timely fashion. To complete deliveries, Drivers navigate their routes using a GPS system and unload products from the truck by hand, using a handcart and ramp to move the product to the appropriate temperature zones in the customer location.
The non-CDL driving job frequently interacts with customers, so a professional demeanor and appropriate attention to customer needs are essential for this position. This position may also be responsible for pick-up and delivery of backhaul loads to the warehouse at Ginsberg’s Foods.
In this position, you can grow your career towards receiving your CDL A License through our Driver Training Program. Through this program, you will receive 1 on 1, paid, on-the-job training with our experienced trainers to make sure you’re prepared to take the road test. We are proud to say we have achieved a 100% success rate to date with trainees obtaining their A license through our training program!
Our Transportation Leadership team leads by a service, respect and open communication philosophy that’s instilled in their culture. If you like being part of a team that always has each other’s backs, enjoy engaging with leadership that cares about their employees with safety as a top priority, and like to be challenged by hard work but have fun while doing it as a team, then you’ll like working for us!
Weekly Work Schedule
- Monday – Friday start and end times vary day to day
- Start time 4am – 6am, end time 2pm – 6pm depending on route, case load, and number of stops.
Non CDL Driving Jobs Salary
- Pay for this position starts at $20/hr
- Additional pay increases are available based on annual performance-based reviews and time spent with the company! Rapid pay progressions are available once transitioned to the CDL A Training Program.
- Overtime is accounted for if hours surpass 40 hours in the work week and is paid out weekly!
Non CDL Delivery Driver Job Experience
We will teach you while providing a safe learning environment. Reap the benefits of a paid workout while safely providing our loyal customers with their orders and forming long-lasting relationships with your team and management. While on the job, you will learn and become familiar with the back of a box truck, the products we carry, different ways to safely deliver products using a hand cart and ramp, and get to know our customers, as well as our awesome team!
Non CDL Driver Requirements
- Physically unloads heavy product (cases weighing up to 80lbs) from the truck at customer locations using a hand truck and ramps.
- Navigates various surfaces, inclines, steps, and stairs, while delivering product to the appropriate location (dry, cooler, frozen) at the customer’s place of business.
- Interacts in a professional manner with customers, attempting to resolve concerns as they arise.
- Receives cash from customers when necessary and handles cash in accordance with company policy.
- Organizes the assigned paperwork for the day’s deliveries and maintains accurate reports and daily logs.
- In accordance with Ginsberg’s Foods policy and procedures, conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the tractor and trailer.
- Complies with all Ginsberg’s Foods delivery policies and procedures in order to ensure the accuracy of the delivered product and to avoid personal injury and/or damage to the product.