- Reports to work on time to prepare for the day’s work.
- Responsible for moving trailers in and out of assigned loading dock doors.
- In accordance with Ginsberg’s Foods policy and procedures, when necessary will conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections on tractors and trailers.
- Drives in a safe and courteous manner, obeying all DOT requirements, traffic laws, logs and regulations.
- When necessary, adheres to all company safety programs and practices to ensure personal safety and the protection of company vehicles and/or equipment.
- Safely navigates various surfaces, temperature zones (dry, cooler, frozen), inclines, ramps, steps and stairs, while working in the yard, within the warehouse and on the equipment.
- Interacts in a professional manner with all departments and vendors.
- Maintain accuracy of yard management while communicating with Warehouse Manager or Warehouse Supervisor to enhance dock efficiency.
- Communication of truck/trailer maintenance problems with the Transportation Manager, Transportation Supervisor, Warehouse Manager or Warehouse Supervisor.
- Conducts daily outbound trailer inspections to include checking for product tampering, pest presence, trailer cleanliness and proper temperature settings.
- Light mechanical maintenance of trucks, at times may have to shuttle trucks/trailers to vendors for repair.
- Regularly verifies proper operation and temperatures of refrigeration units.
- Cleaning of trucks.
- Keep dock area neat and clean at all times
- Various other responsibilities as assigned
- Attends all driver and safety meetings as required.
- When not driving, may be required to perform a variety of general maintenance tasks in and around the facility.
- Unloads totes, pallets, returned and damaged products from truck onto dock.
- Sweeps and washes trailers clean when necessary.
- Fuels tractor and trailers, and checks all fluids, on a daily basis.
- Performs other functions as required or directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations required to possess a Class A CDL.
- Ability to safely operate a tractor and trailer in accordance with all DOT regulations and traffic laws and regulations.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move eighty (80) pounds.
- Ability to successfully navigate stairs.
- Ability to drive and work in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to obtain certification and operate company equipment necessary to unload trailers.
- Ability to work long work hours when necessary (as governed by Federal Regulations).
- Ability to successfully deliver product within strict deadlines.
- Ability to effectively operate tractor on-board computer system.
- Ability to read and understand paper maps and GPS for the purpose of navigation.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to accurately understand oral and written communication.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Courtesy and tact.
- Understand DOT Laws, Rules and Regulations Advanced
- Flexible Schedule Intermediate
- Ability to complete tasks at a fast-pace Advanced
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
High School or better.
1 year: Experience operating a yard jockey or commercial driving experience
Complete the Application Below